Jasmine Tea Oatmeal Cookies
If I could describe these cookies in 4 words they would be:
Delicate, Floral, Sweet and Fragrant.
Great for brain function, packed with antioxidants and great for fighting bacteria.
These cookies are incredibly soft and chewy, dairy free and make the most perfect breakfast, dessert or snack!
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup melted coconut oil, cooled slightly*
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup of Jasmine tea pearls
Put your Jasmine tea pearls into a small bowl with 2 tablespoons boiling water. It should take around 10 minutes so carry on with the recipe whilst you wait.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar, coconut oil, egg and vanilla extract for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix until just combined, then fold in the oats and cranberries until well combined.
- Put the Jasmine tea mixture into the blender so the leaves become finely chopped along with the liquid. Add this concoction to the cookie dough.
- Transfer the bowl to the refrigerator and chill for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop about 1 ½ of the chilled dough and drop onto the prepared baking sheet about 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake for about 10/12 minutes, until lightly browned and the edges areset. Let the cookies cool.
These cookies are best when eaten within 24 hours of baking.
If you don't like cranberries, feel free to use chocolate chips, raisins or nuts instead.