Blueberry + Banana muffins
Moist, healthy, nutritious and DELICIOUS!!
One of my favourite things to do is find a recipe online, adapt it to my healthy needs and add in a tonne of powders and seeds.
Substitute for eggs- 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons of water put in the fridge for 15 minutes is equivalent to 1 egg. For the purpose of this recipe- 2 tablespoons of flaxseed with 6 tablespoons of water.
These blueberry muffins were specially requested by my brother and they did not disappoint.
- 1 3/4 cups of wholegrain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 overripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of honey
- 1 tsp vanille extract
- 2 cups of blueberries
- 1/4 cup of Chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and prepare muffin tin with spray oil.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, chia seeds.
- In a large bowl combine the wet ingredients. Mash bananas, whisk in eggs, Coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract until combined.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and then gently fold in the blueberries.
- Scoop into your prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 18ish minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Comment below if you try the recipe and how passionate you are about how incredible they tasted.